Monday, May 27, 2013
Episode 21: Evolution Part 2Alternatives to Thought
Directly descended from part one, comes the next chapter in Alternatives to Thought with Human Evolution Part Two… the sequel! Special guest Joel Guttormson returns as Chalmer takes us on a journey exploring some of our earliest common ancestors all the way up to homo sapiens. Why did bipedalism develop? Does evolution have a meaning? What does facultative mean? The answers in this obligate edition of Alternatives to Thought! Joel Guttormson is the Outreach and event Coordinator at the Richard Dawkins Foundation of Reason and Science!
References and Resources
- Additional listening options at www.archive.org
- Episode 20: Evolution Part 1 on Alternatives to Thought
- The Richard Dawkins Foundation of Reason and Science
- The First Humans: Origin and Early Evolution of the Genus Homo, edited by Frederick E. Grine, John G. Fleagle, Richard E. Leakey
- The Fossil Trail : How We Know What We Think We Know About Human Evolution , By New York Ian Tattersall Head of the Anthropology Department American Museum of Natural History
- Winter, H.; Langbein, L.; Krawczak, M.; Cooper, D. N.; Jave-
Suarez, L. F.; Rogers, M. A.; Praetzel, S.; Heidt, P. J. et al. (2001). “Human type I hair keratin pseudogene phihHaA has functional orthologs in the chimpanzee and gorilla: Evidence for recent inactivation of the human gene after the Pan- Homo divergence”. Human genetics 108 (1): 37–42.
- BBC Horizon: The Ape That Took Over The World (Youtube)